“But Paris was a very old city and we were young and nothing was simple there, not even poverty, nor sudden money, nor the moonlight, nor right and wrong nor the breathing of someone who lay beside you in the moonlight.”
Paris, the world most romantic city, every street seems to be the perfect stage for a chaotic love story. With exquisite restaurants and imposing architecture, eccentric museums and a prominent sense of fashion.
There might be many reasons why you want to visit Paris, and I must tell you that surprisingly it is absolutely affordable if you follow these tips:
- Fly during Slow season: if you travel during the months that most of the people stay home, you would be paying way less money than if you travel in the summer. The best months would be January or September.
- Book the hotel and the flight together, using websites like expedia, groupon… This would really get you a good deal.
- Stay in a local area (just like Gare de l´Est), this would save you pretty good money in food and drinks, you will find delicious meals for just € 7.00 to € 12.00 and also it gives you the chance to interact and learn abuot the parisian culture.
- Take the train, the Paris Metro is very cheap, effective and fast, you would not have any trouble moving around if you have your GPS and an unlimited travel pass.
- Visit free or cheaper attractions as: Arc de Triomphe (free), Louvre museum ( € 15.00), The Orsay museum ( € 12.00), Palace of Versailles ( € 18.00), Monmartre (free), Eiffel tower…