Traveling alone is a huge character builder. Exploring a foreign city, figuring out how to get to the hotel from the airport, or managing travel plans solo, you learn to be more resourceful and that feeling of accomplishment is all yours to enjoy. There are many reasons to travel solo, connecting with your inner self and discovering what you like are two of the many reasons. The solo traveler is free.
These are 8 amazing destinations for this marvelous journey:
- Spain The stereotype of Spain being the most fun-loving, open, hospitable region; it’s absolutely real, this is the perfect place to make new friends and interact with the locals, always willing to help and even have a chat. Fantastic architecture and ample history. I recommend Barcelona, Seville or Madrid.
2. Iceland The country is a haven for travelers who love the outdoors, with caverns and caves to explore, volcanoes and glaciers to hike, and geothermal spas to soak in. It’s also one of the most peaceful countries in the world.
3. France Traveling to Paris in France is something that everyone should do at least once, this is a plan that you usually do with your partner but visiting it alone can be also romantic and enriching. If you don’t want to be in the city and the museums and art are not for you, you can also explore another less crowded place, just like Toulouse, Marseille or Bordeaux.
4. Costa Rica Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, connecting with nature or luxurious hotels, in Costa Rica you would find what you want. The beautiful country, filled with rain-forests, beaches, river valleys, and bio-diverse wildlife as well as restaurants, bars, and hotels, has always been a great place to take a vacation.
5. Italy most travelers are absolutely certain that there is something magical about this place. Whether it’s the mystery of Vatican City or the ghosts of the Colosseum. Rome, Milan, Florence… There are many impressive cities to enjoy, plus delicious food and perfect streets.
Chile’s landscape is as beautiful as it is diverse. Whether you explore Torres del Paine National Park or the San Rafael Glacier in Patagonia, climb an active volcano in the Lake District, or camp underneath the brilliant night sky in the Atacama Desert, you’re sure to find an adventure that meets your fancy. In Santiago, adventure meets culture, and the city is easy to navigate by foot and bicycle.
7. Switzerland is more than exquisite chocolate, from breathtaking scenarios to a well organized public transportation system. So if you’re looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience surrounded by majestic lakes and snow-capped peaks as you immerse yourself in rich culture and excellent cuisine, you should visit this country.
8. Mexico from fabulous beaches, ancient ruins, alluring culture, dynamic cities brimming with colonial architecture, and feisty mouthwatering cuisine, Mexico truly is a tropical treasure trove.